- ‘Ukrainian kleptocrats and America’s real-life House of Cards: Corruption, lobbyism and the rule of law,’ Communist and Post-Communist Studies 50 (2017) 29-40
- ‘Nationalism and Authoritarianism in Russia: Exploring the New Putin Regime,’ Communist and Post Communist Studies, vol.49, no. 1 (March 2016), pp.1-11.
- “Soviet and Russian Anti(Ukrainian)Nationalism and Restalinization,’ Communist and Post Communist Studies, vol.49, no. 1 (March 2016), pp.87-99.
- ‘Structural Impediments to Reforms in Ukraine,’ Demokratizatsiya vol.24, no.2 (Spring 2016), pp.131-138.
- (with Paul D’Anieri) ‘Public Opinion and Ukrainian Foreign Policy,’ in T. J. Cheng and Wei-Chin Lee eds., National Security, Public Opinion, and Regime Asymmetry: a Six-Country Study (Singapore and London: World Scientific Publishing and Imperial Collage Press).
- ‘Oligarchs, Partial Reform Equilibrium and the Euromaidan Revolution,’ in Henry E. Hale and Robert Orttung eds., Beyond the Euromaidan: Comparative Perspectives on Reform in Ukraine (Palo Alto: Stanford University Press, 2016).
- ‘Ukraine: KGB to Security Service of Ukraine (SBU),’ in Bob de Graaff and James M. Nyce eds., The Handbook of European Intelligence Cultures (Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2016), pp.405-418.
- ‘Ukraine between a Constrained EU and Assertive Russia,’ Journal of Common Market Studies, vol.55, no.1 (January 2017).
- Russia’s War Against Ukraine: Nationalism, Identity and Crime (forthcoming book in 2016-2017).
- ‘Ukrainian Oligarchs and American Politics: Corruption and the Rule of Law,’ Communist and Post-Communist Studies, forthcoming.
- ‘The Orange and Euromaidan Revolutions: Theoretical and Comparative Perspectives,’ Kyiv-Mohyla Law and Politics Journal, 2 (2016), forthcoming.
- ‘Ukraine’s Other War: The Rule of Law and Siloviky After the Euromaidan Revolution,’ Journal of Slavic Military Studies, vol.30, no.1 (December 2016), forthcoming.